Effective Warts Removal at our Melbourne Podiatry Clinics
For safe and long-lasting warts removal, Melbourne’s Comfort Feet Podiatry Group have you covered.
A wart is a growth that develops when the skin is infected by a particular virus. Direct contact with the human papilloma virus (HPV) is how warts are contracted. Warts can develop anywhere on the foot (without pressure being applied specifically) but most commonly appear on the bottom of the foot, also called the plantar aspect.
Communal change rooms are the most common place for these infections to spread.
- Thickened skin – calluses can build up over or around the wart due to its tough, thick tissue.
- Pain – warts can be painful, especially when walking or standing for long periods of time. Squeezing the sides of the wart will clarify the diagnosis.
- Black Dots – these usually appear on the surface of the wart itself. The black dots represent tiny blood vessels that grow within the wart.
- Avoid walking barefoot in communal change rooms and showers
- Chang shoes and socks daily
- Keep feet dry and clean
- Avoid direct contact with warts on other people
- Do not ignore growth or changes on your skin
- Salicylic acid – this is used to manage and monitor warts and is available at a variety of different strengths. Mild options are available over the counter. This type of treatment will require multiple applications over the course of several weeks. It aims to remove the viral cells slowly and allows healthy skin cells to replace them.
- Silver nitrate – is a painless treatment which forms a cap or eschar over the top of the wart to prevent further growth and reduce the likelihood of the wart spreading to other areas.
The primary aim is warts removal while minimising scarring. Many wart treatments can be highly corrosive and result in residual scarring. We treat warts with a combination of supervised in-clinic treatments as well as self-treatments at home for the most successful results in our patients.
Ask our Podiatrist
If you have a question about your foot health, please ask us below. We’d love to help!
HICAPS now enables you with efficient and easy payment processing for private health fund claims, Medicare claims and lodgement of Worksafe Victoria claims. Comfort Feet Podiatry Group has been working with the following registered HICAPS Health Fund Partners to deliver exceptional podiatry services to your entire family.